Raw vegan chocolate cake is the best treat! It’s even tastier when you know you are eating a cake that is healthy for you, vegan and raw!
This cake is only made with nuts, chocolate bar and coconut milk. For those you don’t like coconut, no worries, you don’t even taste it. It’s just for the consistency of the ganache. The coconut milk makes you feel like it’s full of butter and gelatin. What a lie… 🙂 The consistency is perfect. You can use this ganache for cake you need to decorate or fill.
I personally use 70% chocolate but if you don’t like too dark or like when it’s a bit sweet go for a traditional baking 50% chocolate.
I recommend using a good food processor to make the base. I used my kitchen aid because it’s very efficient and also easy to clean.
- 1 cup of roasted unsalted almonds
- 2 cups of roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 200g of high quality dark chocolate (minimum 50%, 70% if you like very dark and not sweet)
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 500g high quality chocolate
- 1 tbsp of salt
- Place the pieces of chocolate in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pot add the coconut milk and salt and whisk.
- Heat the milk mixture on medium high heat until smooth.
- Pour the milk over the chocolate.
- Make sure all the chocolate is covered. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir gently to incorporate the milk and chocolate.
- When the chocolate is melted, the ganache should be smooth.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the top of the ganache.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix in a food processor the nuts for a 2 minutes until in small pieces.
- Add chocolate to the nuts and mix together for 3 minutes.
- Use a 10″ spring form in silicon so it won’t stick.
- Press the nut mixture into the pan until having a thick base.
- Put in refrigerator for 1hour.
- Mix the ganache with an electric hand mixer for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- You want to make sure it’s smooth and not too liquid.
- Put back in refrigerator if too liquid.
- When the consistency easy to spread like a thick cream, pour on top of the base.
- Freeze for 2 hours minimum before removing the silicon mold.
- Store in refrigerator before serving and decorate as you wish.
- You can store the rest of the cake in your freezer up to one month.